Foreign nationals who live outside of the United States and are planning to marry a U.S. citizen may apply for a K-1 visa, also known as fiancée visa, which will grant them a temporary non-immigrant status and legal entry and stay in America for up to 90 days.

K-1 visa holders may bring their unmarried children under the age of 21 to accompany them in the United States as dependents (they will need to obtain K-2 visas).

After the foreign national enters the United States on K-1 visa and marries a U.S. citizen, he/she may choose whether or not to return to their home country or stay in the United States and apply for a green card. If the foreign national has minor children, they too will be able to apply for the U.S. permanent residency.

We Offer Free, No-Obligation Initial Consultation